Support Future Generations through Endowed Scholarships
The Horticultural Research Institute believes in helping students obtain the education necessary to successfully pursue horticultural careers. Our generous donors have created seven scholarship opportunities for students to support their academic journey. Backing motivated students today plays a vital role in protecting and growing the industry tomorrow.
Pay it Forward
An endowed scholarship is a permanent fund in which the principal remains intact and invested at all times. Scholarships are awarded from the allocated income earned on the principal investment in accordance with Horticultural Research Institute’s spending policy. All contributions to the fund increase the principal balance.
- Minimum dollar amount required to endow a scholarship is $25,000
- Donations may be an outright gift of cash, a multi-year pledge, a bequest, or other charitable giving options
- Donors may name their scholarship fund
- Donors may select qualifying restrictions for applicants, in consultation with HRI
Generally, scholarship awards are distributed one year after the corpus is fully funded at the minimum level of $25,000.
- Student applications are solicited once per year
- Recipients are selected by a panel of industry advisors, based on the criteria established by the donor
- Donors are informed annually about their fund’s recipient(s)
Want to learn more? Contact the HRI offices to schedule a time to speak personally about your goals and interests.